Tuesday

Day 144

This is the true meaning of a story board. Alone these pictures don't mean too much, but as a collection, they tell a story. And I'll share the story with you...

The middle picture is actually the first, I heard rain outside today and opened my front door and this was the view I had. The beautiful rainbow with the dark sky, but it was still sunny right outside my door. It was awesome! I decided to let my kids play in the rain (since this is one of my FAVORITE things to do, and I want them to love it as well).

My kids were wearing the pjs, they hadn't changed from the night before. My son loves this shirt that we are borrowing from his grandma. On the back of his shirt is one of those creatures that are half man/half horse. The creature is bare chested and has a long pony tail, and apparently looks a lot like Jesus (in my son's mind). So when he wear this shirt he tells everyone that he's wearing his Jesus shirt, or in his words "My Jesus on my back". I actually think the picture on the left looks like he belongs to some cult. The other reason I like the picture on the left is because he's holding his crackers. He's not happy with just a couple crackers, he wants to carry around the whole package, and he'll eat almost all of it too. And one more things about the picture, I love the foliage in the background. The neighbors house above us has the beautiful garden and it flow over their wall into our parking lot. We get to see these beautiful jasmine plants and smell them as well. A few weeks ago their honeysuckle plant was in bloom and we got to teach the kids how to suck the sweet nectar out of them. We are moving in a few weeks and I will miss that beautiful wall.

The last picture (the one on the right) is beacause I love his eyes. Also, you can see he has jam on his face still from dinner, and you can see rain drops on his shirt and his forehead.

It was definately a chill day, but was completed with a beautiful rainbow and a summer shower!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the story! :)

Sari said...

You are so lucky to have such a beautiful view from your door and that you can enjoy the rain showers with your kids. I wish I could have been there to play in it too. I love this story and love my nephew too. Such a funny kid!